Welcome on the homepage of Rotary Club Gdańsk Centrum, District 2231
Rotary is a global humanitarian organization with over 1.2 million members in 34,500 Rotary clubs in more than 200 countries and geographic regions.
The aim of Rotary Clubs is to support and strengthen the ideal of service as a basis for decent and valuable projects, and in particular:
- Developing people-to-people contacts as opportunities to help
- Promote high ethical standards in occupational activities
- Promote all forms of social work and ennoble the profession of every Rotarian as an opportunity to serve the public
- Apply the ideal of service by every Rotarian in his personal, professional and social life
- To promote international understanding, goodwill and peace through a global community of people of various professions, linked by the ideal of service
Rotary motto: Service Above Self.
Serving club (service organization) is a voluntary, non-profit organization where members meet regularly to help people in need in local communities. This assistance is provided in the form of the work of the club’s own members and / or by collecting money and transferring it to specified (e.g. by other organizations) goals. First of all, the club’s mission is to serve; In addition, club members show support, meet and inspire each other for individual development. In addition to the Rotary, service clubs known in Poland are e.g. Lions. Around the globe there are clubs like Sertoma, Kiwanis, Zonta.